We are attempting to encourage young golfers, of all abilities, to play golf within Lincolnshire. With the support offered by this Taskers Trophy funding it enables us to enhance the options available to young county golfers, we will support competitions and encourage, through coaching, their personal golf ambitions including handicap generation and improvement.
The funding will help underpin our junior coaching offering supplied by specialist PGA-qualified county coaches as well as enhance the competition options for our juniors, including Litte Imps and the county-run order of merit events. We will be looking to hold 9-hole Stableford competitions alongside some of our more major junior competitions to enable the younger less experienced players to gain some competition experience, we will be purchasing further prizes for these events.
We are hoping to encourage greater participation in our county-run golf activities, including Little Imps, 9-hole Stableford, and gross competitions. We would like to increase our numbers in all events by 10% compared to 2023. We are aiming to increase county registration in 2024 by at least 10% and we are endeavouring to increase our numbers attending Little Imps tournaments by 20%.
We have a 3 to 5-year plan which would see us winning individual and team honours within the Midlands area. We hope to see higher attendance figures at all county-run events and develop the potential of our youngsters through coaching opportunities paid for by the county fund.
Maximise the potential of our juniors including supporting our county-run events and participating in events administered by the MGU or EG. To work with player’s individual coaches to streamline and align all coaching sessions and ideas. To have national representation at u16 and/or u18 level. To win and individual or team midland event.
Previous years’ Taskers Trophy funding has enabled us to support the following initiatives:
- committed to deliver participation and talent for boys and girls at all age group levels
- committed to developing and strengthening talent pathway for juniors from u12 to u18 and beyond
- boys coaching – continue to increase opportunities and attendees
- continue to establish in addition to coaching skills more opportunities for delivery of important issues for more talented golfer ie. nutrition : psychology : improved course management :
- focus on long term development
- continue to develop county coaching frameworks towards alignment – consistent and able to support player development
Kevin Galjaard - Lincolnshire Union of Golf Clubs