Welcome to 2021 Taskers Trophy Final
Arrive at Beeston Fields in plenty of time making sure all the team at there by 10.00.
If you arrive early you and your team can meet in the bar and have morning refreshments together. See Beeston Fields Food & Drink Options for more info including catering times.
Greet your opposing team captain, present your teams playing order to the official starter and opposing team captain.
There will be a lot of teams and players arriving, there are 21 singles matches taking place in the final
Ensure all your team is gathered near the club house, and you know of their whereabouts from 10.15 and await guidance from the organisers to be called for your teams Official Photograph.
We will photo teams in the following order:
- Taskers Trophy Teams
- Taskers Plate Teams
- Burtoft Trophy Teams
With all teams being ready and together from 10.20 near the club house we aim to conclude all team photos by 10.45
We thank you for your patience as we coordinate this activity which will form a key part of your day!
The first tee time is 11.00, and matches will alternate as follows;
Trophy Match 1; Plate Match 1; Ian Burtoft Trophy Match 1:
Trophy Match 2; Plate Match 2; Ian Burtoft Trophy Match 2: etc...
Please ensure you have made the official starter aware of your teams playing order before 10.30 so they can then call your team to the tee when required. Caddies are permitted for matches.
At around 18.30 dinner will be served in the dining room, there will be allocated tables for each respective competition, so all teams can dine together with their fellow competitors.
All dinners have been pre-booked. For any alterations please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Following dinner, the Presentation of Trophies and Funds to Junior Golf will commence to County representatives. Smart Dress is required for dinner and prize presentation.
Order of Ceremony
Roast Lamb, Lemon & Treacle Tart, Coffee.
Welcome from Mike Crawford, Taskers UK
Presentation of Junior Golf Funding
to participating County Unions & Associations
Presentation of Prizes &
Mementoes to all Finalists
Ian Burtoft Trophy
We aim to conclude the presentations by 9.30pm latest 10pm
The organising committee and sponsor Taskers UK give a warm welcome to all participants, teams, officials and guests for the Final Presentation of the 2021 Taskers Trophy Inter-Club competitions.
Eva Glasby, President Nottinghamshire County Ladies Golf Association.
Edgar Bramwell, President Nottinghamshire Union of Golf Clubs.
Cynthia Machent, President Derbyshire County Golf.
Anita Higginson, CJO Leicestershire & Rutland Ladies CGA.
Phil Askew, President Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union.
Cindy Ireland, President Lincolnshire Women’s Golf Association.
Neil Leatherland, President Sheffield Union of Golf Clubs.
Penny Small, Secretary Staffordshire Ladies County Golf Association.
Viki Donoghue, Junior Squad Manager Staffordshire Golf.
Sue Ellis, Lady Captain Beeston Fields Golf Club.
Jon Firth, Captain Beeston Fields Golf Club.
Colin Annison, Honorary Guest, President Breadsall Priory Golf Club.
Supporting Junior Golf in Your County
Following Dinner funds will be presented to representatives from participating County Unions and Associations, for the development of Junior Golf. The aim of the competition is to return as much of your entry fee to support grass roots development of junior golf in your county.
Taskers UK are proud to support the Taskers Trophy Inter-Club Golf Competition which supports junior golf development in South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire & Rutland, Staffordshire, Lancashire and Lincolnshire
2021 Final Committee & Team
Please ensure you know your team playing order, as confirmed by your Team Captain to the Official Starter. The Official Starter will call players to the tee before the match, ensure you are ready to play!
On the tee, please ensure the following match is available and ready on the 1st tee as the preceding match tees off. No tee times are given for matches, as soon as the 1st hole is deemed clear by the starter the next match will tee off. Please ensure you listen for announcements from the official starter. Officials may be present on the course.
Results of individual matches are to be reported to an Official and the Team Captain – upon reporting a result the players shall be issued a drink voucher to be redeemed at the bar for a beverage on behalf of the committee and sponsor Taskers UK.
The Team Captains of both teams should be present in agreeing to the overall match result and be reported to a Competition official.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to ask a committee member or competition official. Enjoy your Final!
Key Competition Rules
So that a definite result of a match can be obtained, every game must be played to a finish, i.e. if a game is all square after the 18th hole, the game is concluded by a sudden death play-off. With agreement of both Team Captains, matches may be recorded as a draw if the team result is in no doubt.
Taskers Trophy & Taskers Plate (Gents Inter-Club) – Full Rules
Matches to be played in singles match play over 18 holes. Full difference in handicaps to be taken. Max Handicap Index 20
Ian Burtoft Trophy (Ladies Inter-Club) – Full Rules
Matches to be played in singles match play over 18 holes. Full difference in handicaps to be taken. Max Handicap Index 30
Please use the England Golf App to verify Handicaps
Beeston Fields Golf Club
Beeston Fields Golf Club
Beeston Nottingham NG9 3DA
Access to the clubhouse can be gained via the Sun Lounge door on the golf course side of the building opposite the putting green, or through the front door. Business and social visitors usually use the front door. Please ring the door bell to gain access. Golfers gain access either through the Sun Lounge door or the locker room entrance close to the 18th green.
Dress Code for Golf Course and Clubhouse
- All players must wear suitable golf shoes.
- Please do not change your clothing in the car park.
- The wearing of denim jeans and jackets, football shirts, collarless tee shirts, tracksuits and trainers is not allowed on the golf course.
- Men’s tailored shorts should be no shorter than 2″ above the knee and not lower than the knee. They may be worn with predominantly white sport socks. Beach shorts and cargo/combat shorts with baggy (bulbous) side pockets are not deemed tailored.
- Men’s golf shirts must be tucked into shorts or trousers.
- Trousers must not be tucked into socks.
- Women’s shorts must be of a respectable length.
- Peaked caps must be worn with the peak at the front.
- Members and visitors are expected to be appropriately dressed in the clubhouse.
- The wearing of golf shoes is only permitted in the designated areas including the locker rooms and Pro shop.
- For certain formal events and some prize-givings, gentlemen may be asked to wear a jacket and a tie. Notification will be given in advance of these occasions.
Slow play is sometimes inevitable. If you are delayed and the following group is closed behind, please let them through. You will all enjoy your game much more.
Some Local Information
- All players cross the bridge at the 1st before putting and enter the green from the rear.
- Ring the bell on fairways 5 and 12 to indicate to players following that they are clear to play.
- Close and secure pedestrian gates between the 9th green and 10th tee, and after completing the 17th. Take care crossing the path.
- When approaching the 14th green, please be aware of players on the 17th tee.
- Do not tee off on the 18th until the 1st green is clear.
Care Of The Course
Just a gentle reminder of hints for making sure the course is just as nice for everyone else after you have passed by:
- Replace your divots.
- Repair divots on par 3s with the sand provided.
- Repair pitch marks on the greens (and someone else’s if you spot one!)
- Smooth your footprints after playing your shot in the bunkers.
- Keep your trolley or buggy away from greens, tees and bunkers.
- The greens staff try to watch out for you, but please let them finish their work before playing your shot.