Set your password
You have a responsibility to the data security of your data and others contained on this site:
Meet password requirements
Create your password using 10 characters or more, a number, a letter, at least one uppercase letter and one lowercase
You can't use a password that:
- Is particularly weak. Example: "password123"
- You've used before on another online account
- Starts or ends with a blank space
Follow tips for a good password
A strong password can be memorable to you but nearly impossible for someone else to guess. Learn what makes a good password, then follow these tips to create your own.
Use a different password for each of your important accounts, like your email and online banking.
Reusing passwords for accounts is risky. If someone gets your password for one account, they could access your email, address, and even your money.
Tip: If you have trouble remembering multiple passwords, learn how to use a tool to manage your saved passwords.
Long passwords are stronger, so make your password at least 8 characters long. These tips can help you create longer passwords that are easier to remember. Try to use:
- A lyric from a song or poem
- A meaningful quote from a movie or speech
- A passage from a book
- A series of words that are meaningful to you
- An abbreviation: Make a password from the first letter of each word in a sentence
Avoid choosing passwords that could be guessed by:
- People who know you
- People looking at easily accessible info (like your social media profile)
Avoid personal info & common words
Don’t use personal info
Avoid creating passwords from info that others might know or could easily find out. Examples:
- Your nickname or initials
- The name of your child or pet
- Important birthdays or years
- The name of your street
- Numbers from your address
Don’t use common words & patterns
Avoid simple words, phrases, and patterns that are easy to guess. Examples:
- Obvious words and phrases like "password" or "letmein"
- Sequences like "abcd" or "1234"
- Keyboard patterns like "qwerty" or "qazwsx"
- Any examples in this article, like "sPo0kyH@ll0w3En" or "uP@8cCe!"
Please set a strong password to secure your account.