The Taskers Trophy Inter-Club committee has now published the draws for the 2021 Taskers Trophy Gents Inter-Club and the Taskers Trophy Ladies Inter-Club competing for the Ian Burtoft Trophy.
All team captains have been emailed details on Saturday 27th Feb with details including instructions on how to set up their passwords to gain access to the directory and to submit results.
We know golf cannot be played until after the 29th of March however we have set the last days of play to accommodate this and looking at historic records less than 10% of Matches were played in the month of March. This gives all team captains time to plan and arrange with their opponents their match during March.
We have also changed how we structured the zones/groups which have been based around travel times between each club, the average time between each club is around 25min in Round 1 and no longer than 40mins.
We encourage all team captains and players to ensure they are familiar with the rules for their respective competition and keep fully updated on England Golf Play Safe Stay Safe guidance as it is published in the coming days.
The competition rules set out:
- How to arrange matches ‘the home club must offer a minimum of 3 dates, one of which must be a weekend.’
- Playing conditions for matches- ensuring the first match played is to a definitive result
- The responsibility of both team captains to ensure a result is submitted.
- For 2021 we have removed any courtesy shot rules due to the introduction of the World Handicap System
We have more information in our FAQ section which provides guidance on rules, including the ruling on resolving ties in Round 1 Matches in the Ladies Inter-Club – so it’s worth heading over and having a look before your match.
2021 Competition Draws
In preparing the competition draw the committee looked at all government and England Golf guidance, which was place at the time, and made the following adjustments to how we formulated the draw
How we grouped and zone in early rounds
- The ‘zoning/grouping’ of earlier rounds follows tighter geographic and county boundaries than in previous years
- It is more probable in the draw that clubs which entered multiple teams could be drawn against each other in earlier rounds
- In Round 1 for both competitions the average ‘travel time’ between clubs is around 20mins to support minimising of travel during the governments ‘Step 1’
Last Days of Play
- We feel confident in sharing all last days of play but reserve the right to make alterations if required.
Shows Team Captains all your matches for all teams from your club. Links to the directory for teams and actions to submit results. You can also update your own directory listing when logged in.
Remember both team captains are responsible for ensuring the result has been submitted, to aid in gathering the required details please download, print and take to your game a ‘Match Score Card‘ from the Draw and Results page.
- View the Draw
- Make contact with your opponents
- Arrange match date
- Get your team ready to play
- Enjoy your First Round match
The organising committee wishes all teams great success in their matches if you require any further information please check the FAQ sections or contact us and we will be happy to help.
Thank you again for entering the Taskers Trophy Inter-Club and supporting junior golf in your county.